Installing Plaster Ceiling Medallions
Itís Even Easier!
As with Wassmer Studios Moldings, our Ceiling Medallions install with basic carpentry tools and methods.
- To start, determine what size of hole, if any, is required in the ceiling medallion for access to an electrical box. Either a drill bit or a saber saw can be used to cut a hole in the ceiling medallion.
- Holding the ceiling medallion in place on the ceiling, lightly trace around it with a pencil. Locate the ceiling joists to which the ceiling medallion will be attached and mark the medallions on both sides of the outline of the ceiling medallion.
- If necessary, sand the back of the ceiling medallion, or use shims to account for variations in the ceiling surface to ensure a level installation.
- Apply adhesive to the back of the ceiling medallion and secure it tightly to the ceiling with screws. The screws should penetrate the joists at least 1/2" and their heads should be counter sunk into the surface of the ceiling medallion.
- Spackle the countersink holes, caulk around the perimeter of the ceiling medallion and congratulate yourself on adding a level of detail and elegance to your environment.